Hi, I’m Jim Sulecki, and I’ve got a career’s worth of practical media experience—nearly four decades, in fact (hence the name 40 Seasons). My career has spanned not only editorial content, my forte and deepest passion, but also years of executive leadership experience across the full sweep of market-facing media operations.
As a long-time business journalist I’m proud to say I’ve traveled the U.S. and the world to research and file in-depth stories and reports. I’ve shaken the hands of literally thousands of agribusiness leaders from nearly every continent.
Through the years I’ve also successfully managed and mentored dozens and dozens of talented editors, writers, publishers, salespeople, marketers, web developers, video editors, and designers. I’ve assembled hundreds of print editions and launched numerous publications from scratch. I’ve conceptualized and launched multiple websites and e-newsletters and stocked them with content. I’ve programmed multiple high-end conferences, recruited top-notch presenters, and taken the stage with them.
As a fellow communicator and marketer I well appreciate how much you want and need to foster an even deeper engagement with your audiences and customers than you already have—yet all too often traditional communications, advertising, and marketing approaches just aren’t enough to cut through today’s noisy media environment.
Enter the tools of the modern communicator: professional content. . . content marketing . . . comprehensive strategic planning across multiple platforms. Because today’s audiences and customers aren’t like yesterday’s audiences and customers—they want value, insight, fact-based persuasion, not skim-the-surface content and hard-sell marketing.
When I produce content I pull out every tool at my disposal: from well-conceptualized story angles with an explicit emphasis on ROI, to a careful focus on which media are best for which pieces, and on to SEO and social media tactics that ensure the content I produce hits its target.
I work hard. I work fast. I do good work—tight and bright.
Let’s talk about how I can put my professional reputation, industry contacts, and years of experience to work for you.
Jim Sulecki | Professional Highlights
- 30-plus years of hands-on experience and leadership in business media
- Former Chief Content Officer, Meister Media Worldwide
- 20-plus years of executive leadership including editorial, sales, marketing, graphics, digital, video
- P/L responsibilities as division Managing Director
- Lead / executive editorial roles on media brands including CropLife, PrecisionAg, Cotton Grower, AgriBusiness Global, American Vegetable Grower, Ag Consultant, Cotton International
- Founding conference chair: Biocontrols USA Conference, Growing Innovations Conference & Expo
- Conference chair: PrecisionAg VISION Conference
- Named “Innovator in Business Publishing: Online Executives” by BtoB Media Business (2009)
- Award-winning author and sought-after speaker, presenter, and moderator